A friend recently asked me ‘how do I delete my Facebook account’? Well this is easy, but only if you know how to. Deleting of Facebook account is a feature that Facebook has added to the feature just in case you ever get tired of the platform, which is something I see impossible. Want to know why I said it is impossible to just decide to delete a Facebook account? Keep reading to find out.
Delete My Facebook Account
The Facebook social media platform is just like a fine blend of wine. Everything about the platform is almost well arranged. It is a little bit away from perfect. Facebook wants you to spend time, not just time but a lot of quality time on the platform. And at the same time, Facebook doesn’t want you to waste your time on the platform. Facebook wants you to get value for every second spent on the platform. I think this is one of the reasons why you can do just about anything on the platform from chatting with friends and family to doing business. All in one fine swoop, impressive right?
Well with everything I have said about the Facebook social media platform, it is easy to see that the platform can be sometimes overwhelming. As a person if you don’t have any form of business to do on the platform, it can be overwhelming. Time you are supposed to be spending on other things can easily be spent on Facebook which is not really great. And if ever you feel like calling time on your Facebook adventures, you can. There is a way out for you. You can either decide to delete or deactivate your Facebook account. In this article though, I will be telling you about the two and their differences.
Difference Between Deactivating And Deleting Facebook Account
Deleting and deactivating a Facebook account are two different things. But these two features on Facebook are similar in a way. The thing here is that you restrict your access to the platform, but while one is permanent, the other is temporary. When you delete your Facebook account;
- You won’t be able to get the account back. Once deleted, your Facebook account and all its information becomes lost.
- All your posts, posts, and your profile will be deleted and lost permanently and you won’t be able to retrieve any of your information.
- Just in case you logged in to messenger via your Facebook account, you will no longer be able to make use of it.
- You will not be able to login to other apps you logged in to via Facebook.
When you temporarily deactivate your Facebook account;
- You will be able to retrieve it anytime you want.
- Other Facebook users will not be able to see your Facebook profile or visit it.
- Your posts, photos, and other files won’t be deleted.
- If you are active on messenger, you can still continue using it.
- You can continue using Facebook login for your other apps.
That’s the difference between temporarily deactivating and permanently deleting your account.
Delete Facebook Account Permanently
To permanently delete your Facebook account, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account at Facebook.
- Click on the arrowhead icon on your Facebook account page.
- Click on settings.
- On the left column, select and click on your Facebook information.
- Next click on delete your account information and then delete my account.
- On the next page, enter your password and click on continue.
- Lastly, click delete account.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the arrowhead icon at the top right corner of your Facebook account page.
- Click on settings and privacy.
- Select settings.
- Click on your Facebook information tab found in the left column.
- Next, click ‘delete your account and information’.
- On the next page, click ‘delete my account’.
- Enter your password and then click on delete account.
That’s it on deleting your Facebook account permanently. If you choose to cancel the deletion process, you can get it done. To delete your Facebook account deletion process, you will need to log in to your Facebook account within 30 days of deleting your account. After logging in to your account click cancel deletion.