Facebook messenger chat head was introduced a long time ago. With this chat head, you can easily message your friend from the home screen of your device. This uses a user’s (the person that texted you or the person you open the chat head with) profile picture as a link to a conversation with the person. This cannot be done on devices which android version is less than 4.4.0. Chat heads can only be activated and used on the Facebook instant messenger. This means that it cannot be activated nor used on facebook messenger lite or even the Facebook app itself.
Before you can use the Facebook messenger chat head, we should be talking about how to open a Facebook account as it is very necessary if you really want to use Facebook instant messenger. Facebook instant messenger operates as a messaging app that keeps all of your conversations in one place. It can be both a normal SMS app and an app that lets you chat with anyone for free. Facebook messenger only uses data to work as it is an online app. without an internet connection, you could also message your friends through SMS.
Creating a Facebook Account
Creating a Facebook is needed if you really want to access the Facebook messenger. To create a Facebook account,
- Open the Facebook website located at www.facebook.com or open any of the Facebook apps you have on your device. It could be the Facebook messenger lite of the normal Facebook app.
- If you use a PC, on the Facebook website, scroll down to find the signup form and hit it. For mobile device scroll down and click “Create new account”.
- Fill the form that is visible to you with the correct details as you would be asked to confirm it if anything goes wrong with your account.
- Check to make sure your email address or mobile number is correct as you would be asked to verify it.
- Hit “sign up” at the bottom of the page to continue your sign up.
- Verify your mobile number by following the on-screen instructions.
Add some friends and follow the rest of the Facebook steps to complete your Facebook account set up.
Open a Chat Head on Facebook Messenger
A chat head would automatically be opened whenever you are messaged on Facebook. Opening a chat head on Facebook messenger is very easy; follow the steps below to open a chat head;
- Open your Facebook messenger application and log in using your Facebook account details.
- Open a conversation with the person you want to open a chat head for.
- Click the three vertical dots to open the persons Facebook messenger profile.
- Now hit the three horizontal dots to open a new menu.
- When the new menu opens, click “Open Chat Head”.
That’s how to open a Facebook messenger chat head.
Close Facebook Messenger Chat Head
Closing a facebook messenger chat head is very easy; to do this, hold the chat head long enough and you would see an X icon at the bottom of the page. Drag the chat head to that position and let go.