Facebook watch party is simply a platform where people in Facebook groups can watch live or pre-recorded videos in real time together. This feature also allows group members chat together at same time.
With the Facebook watch party, you kind of get complete entertainment and fun with friends online. This feature is somehow similar to YouTube and its actually for free. But you need to be an admin member of a group to start or share a party.
What is Facebook Watch Party
The Facebook watch party comprises of videos on pages you have recently liked or interact with. The main benefit of starting a watch party is that you can watch public videos with group of your friends in real time. The feature which was recently launched has been like a breath of fresh air to Facebook users who has been looking forward to interacting with friends in real time videos.
Now users can through the Facebook group platform just click the “Watch Party” button in the post section to watch real time videos.
How to Start a Watch Party on Facebook
It is very easy to start up a watch party. It will keep you active and popular on a group. However, you need to be an admin or an editor in a group before you can start a watch party.
To Start a Watch Party in a Group:
- From your Newsfeed on your Facebook account, click on “Groups” located at the left menu to select your group.
- Then at the top of the group page, tap on “Write Post” before clicking on “Watch Party”.
- Now you can now tap on “Add Video”. Or better still, you can search for a video or click on any of the categories like Watched, Group, Live, Saved or Suggested to view and additional videos.
- Click on “Add to Queue”; you will find it next to any videos you’d like to add to your watch party.
- Now tap on the “Done” button to finish the adding process.
More On How to Create a Watch Party
- Feel free to add a description to your watch party, and finally click on “Post”.
- This is where you receive a message that says “Your watch party is about to begin”.
- Click “invite” that is next to the profile picture of your group members to add them to your watch party.
- When you are through with inviting group members to your watch party, click on “Done”.
Note that any member you invite will surely get a notification on their Facebook account that they’ve been invited to join your watch party. Additionally, when someone you’ve invited actually joins, you’ll see their profile photo display at the bottom left of your screen.