How to cancel friend request on Facebook can be done easily. There are various reasons why people send out friend requests on Facebook and later have a change of mind to cancel it before the person gets to see it and cancel or reject their request. Sometimes, when a friend request is sent on Facebook, it might be an accident so in this case, the person might decide to cancel the friend request sent accidentally.
How to Cancel Friend Request On Facebook
You can decide to cancel friend requests on a computer or mobile device. This is dependent on which of them you normally make use of. In this article, we will be giving you steps on how to cancel friend request on Facebook by making use of your mobile device or your computer.
How to Cancel Friend Request On Facebook Through a Computer
You can easily cancel any friend request that has been sent without your awareness on your computer as long as the person it was sent to has not accepted or rejected it. Follow the steps below:
- First of all, Log into your Facebook account on a browser on a Mac or PC.
- Search for and tap on the icon that looks like the silhouette of two individuals which is located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap “See All” which is located at the bottom of the dropdown menu that displays your friend requests and suggested friends on Facebook.
- After that, “View Sent Requests” located at the top of the new page that shows up.
- On the next page, a list of all the friend requests you have sent will be displayed. Select a friend request you have decided to cancel by moving your cursor over the tab that says “Friend Request Sent.” Next, tap on the “Cancel Request” option from the dropdown menu to cancel your friend request.
By following the steps above, you have successfully canceled any friend request that has been sent out.
How to Cancel a Friend Request on Facebook by Using a Mobile Device
On the mobile app, you only have the access to cancel friend requests by visiting each person’s Facebook page. But on the mobile device, you can easily have access to log into the Facebook website on a browser on your mobile device to cancel friend requests. Follow the steps below to get started:
- The first step you need to take is to connect your device to an active internet source. And log into Facebook.com on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Next, tap on the icon shaped like a silhouette of two individuals.
- Your friend request will appear. Tap the down arrow which is at the right side of the Friend Request tab then tap “View Sent Requests.”
- After you have done this, check through the friend request(s) you sent out and click “Cancel.”
Congratulations! After you have followed all the steps that we have provided for you above. All the Facebook friend requests that you have either sent out by accident. Or you sent willingly and later decided that you want to cancel will be canceled for you.