Have you sent someone a pic on Facebook messenger or on Facebook and you are wondering just how to permanently delete shared photos in messenger? “How to permanently delete shared photos in messenger” which is this article has detailed information about what you need to know before you can successfully delete a shared photo on Facebook messenger.
You have to know that before you can delete a shared photo on Facebook you must have sent it to somebody in your conversation list. Now to delete it, you would have to scroll through your conversation to find the photo and delete. I am so sorry if it is going to cost you time but that is how Facebook works because of the privacy they aim at giving you.
Open Account on Facebook
Opening a Facebook account is very free and stress-free if you followed the steps right. To open a Facebook account, you have to make sure that your connection to the internet is very secure. Also, you must have a mobile number or email address that Facebook can reach you at. If you meet all these requirements, follow the steps below.
- Open your favorite web browser on your current device.
- When the browser finally opens, proceed to www.facebook.com.
- If you are logged in to a Facebook account, kindly log out and continue. Locate the “Sign up” button and click on it. You might have to scroll down to find the button.
- You would be directed to another page. On that page, enter all the details required including your mobile number or email address.
- After entering the details, hit the sign up link at the bottom of the page again.
Simply walk through the rest Facebook steps to complete your Facebook account set up. Note that this would require you to add some friends.
Log In To Facebook Messenger
To log in to Facebook messenger on your device, you must have the app installed on your device. Now, there are many places where you can download the Facebook instant messenger app. The Facebook instant messenger can be downloaded from the app store or the Google play store or even external servers on the web depending on the type of device you are using. After downloading and installation of the Facebook instant messenger,
- Launch the app on your device.
- After launching, a log in screen would be displayed. On the login screen, enter your account username and password.
- Click on “Log in” at the bottom of the screen when you are true.
That’s it; you would be logged in to Facebook messenger if your details are correct.
Permanently Delete Shared Photos on Facebook Messenger
To permanently delete shared photos on Facebook messenger, follow the steps below,
- Open the Facebook messenger app.
- Scroll to find the conversation you want to delete the photo from and open it.
- Scroll to find the photo you want to delete.
- Tap and hold the photo and a new menu would appear at the bottom of the screen if you use an iOS device and at the center of the screen if you use an android device.
- On the menu, you would see “Delete” or a trash can. Click on it for the photo to be deleted.
That’s it; you have successfully deleted a shared photo on Facebook messenger.