Did you forget your Facebook account ID? Do you know how you can retrieve your ID? Retrieving your Facebook ID is very much possible. But since an ID is associated with your Facebook account, you don’t necessarily retrieve your Facebook ID; rather you retrieve your Facebook account. Just recently one of my visitors in-boxed me saying ‘I forgot my Fb ID, how do I retrieve it’? This has led me to write about this article.
I Forgot My Fb ID
Forgetting your Facebook ID is the same thing as forgetting your Facebook login credentials. And just in case you forget your Facebook login credentials such as your username or password, there is a way forward for you. You might be curious as to why you can’t recover your lost Facebook ID? Don’t be.
A Facebook ID is a sequence of numbers linked or connected to your Facebook account. This means that whenever you have access to your Facebook account, you will always have access to your Facebook ID. The only way or reason that will make you lose access to your ID is if you lose access to your Facebook account. In a bit I will be telling you of the steps required to recovering a lost Facebook account or your login credentials.
Facebook Sign Up
Before you can recover your account on the platform, you will need to have an account on the platform first. Or if you feel like you don’t want to recover your account, you can opt-out for a new one. Creating a Facebook account is easy and free. To create an account on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Go to facebook.com/signup.
- Enter your personal information such as your name, gender, mobile number, email address in the required spaces.
- Click on ‘create account’, when you are done.
Your account will be created immediately. You will need to verify your account for authentication reasons.
How To Recover Your Lost Facebook Password | Fb ID Recovery
Personally I make use of a personal device, so I don’t have to logout anytime from my Facebook account when I am not making use of it. However, if you are making use of a shared device or a public device, it is very important that you log out from that device as this may save your account from hack and unauthorized access by other users.
I remember vividly well when I lost my device and had to log in to my Facebook account via a public system. Later I got a personal device, but couldn’t log in due to the fact that I lost my password. And without my password I got locked out of my own Facebook account. With this I couldn’t get access to my ID. I had to look out for ways to recover my lost password. Luckily for me, Facebook has had a directory in place to help users recover their lost passwords and login credentials. If you are in this sort of situation at the moment, you have nothing to worry about as you are in safe hands. To recover your Facebook account successfully, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook on your device.
- Click on the ‘forgot password’ option at the bottom right corner of the login page on Facebook.
- On the recovery page, enter your email address, username or phone number in the fields and click on the search tab.
- From the search results, click on your account which is the one with your email address or phone number.
- Click on reset password.
That’s it. If on the other hand, you don’t have access to the login details associated with your Facebook account, follow the steps below;
Lost Access To Login Details
- Click on the ‘no longer have access to these’.
- Provide an email address where Facebook can contact you. You will be asked a security question if you have anyone linked to your account.
- Click on the submit tab to enter your request to the platform.
Your request will be verified for 24 hours. And your account will be available to you using your new email address.