The Facebook Portal is basically a brand of smart displays and videophones that was developed and designed by Facebook. The product portal Facebook line is a constitution of four models which are the portal, portal plus, portal mini, and the Portal TV which simply makes available the provision of video chat through Facebook messenger and WhatsApp and coupled by a camera that can automatically zoom and tracks people’s movements.
The devices are also integrated with the Amazon voice-controlled intelligent personal service Alexa. The product Facebook portals are actually the second attempt made by Facebook to deliver an in-home smart display that can be in competition with Amazon echo show and Google nest hub.
It also serves as a digital photo frame and allows you to place video calls through the Facebook messenger or WhatsApp phones and other Facebook portal devices.
Is There A Monthly Fee For Facebook Portal?
The Facebook portal product is basically one of the sure means to be in contact with your relatives when can’t you a regular phone easily. There is no monthly fee. All that is needed is a power outlet, Wi-Fi connection, and a free Facebook messenger account
How Do I Get Facebook Portal?
To make get the Facebook portal is very simple and straightforward. Once your Portal is plugged in, follow the instructions to begin setup.
- Select your language, and then tap next.
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Select your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap Join.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Continue
- Your Portal may need to download the latest software in order to complete setup.
How Do You Make a Portal call?
For those who want to make a call with a Facebook portal touchscreen, you are to;
- Tap the Portal’s screen to exit picture frame mode. Or, tap the Home button at the top of the screen if you have an app open.
- Open the Contacts app from the Portal’s main screen.
- Tap the name you’d like to call.
How Do I Add Apps To Portal TV?
Adding applications on the portal TV shouldn’t pose as a difficult thing for you to do. Nevertheless, if you’re having issues adding an application to your portal TV, you are to follow the below processes;
- From Home on your Portal, tap Apps.
- Tap Add next to the app you’d like to download.
Do You Need A Smart TV For Facebook Portal?
For those asking whether a smart TV is required for the Facebook portal, you should note that Portal doesn’t connect to your TV. It’s a standalone device, with its own screen and with the TV version, the person you’re chatting with is closer to life-size, so it’s easier to feel like you’re actually in the room with them.
How Do I Use Facebook TV Portal?
Having difficulty in making use of the Facebook portal, there is definitely no need to fret or be worried. We would be giving you some detailed explanations on how you can make use of the Facebook portal below;
- Plugin your Portal TV:
- Plugin the HDMI cable and power adapter, then connect the power adapter to a power source. Your Portal TV will turn on automatically.
- Plug the HDMI cable into an input on your TV. For best results use HDMI 1.
- Turn on your TV and select the input.
The above are the simple instructions to follow if you want to make use of the Facebook portal efficiently and with ease.