Do you know how to send and receive money on messenger using PayPal? If you can’t then you should read this article to the core end. Facebook has now integrated a new feature that helps you send money to friends using your PayPal account. You could also use this same feature to receive money from friends. For some privacy reasons, this Facebook feature is only available to Facebook users in the United States.
This is not a surprise though that Facebook collaborated with PayPal as they have announced earlier before. To be able to send or receive money on messenger using your PayPal account, you must have both a Facebook account and a PayPal account. Creating a PayPal account and a Facebook account is totally free. I would not be outlining a step on how to create a PayPal account here, but you can find a detailed step to do this by using the search bar to search this webpage.
Create a Facebook Account
To create a Facebook account, follow the steps below;
- Open a web browser or any of the Facebook apps on your device.
- If you are new to Facebook you would see a login page. If you already have an account signed in, you have to sign out in order to create a new one.
- Scroll down to find the signup form and click it. If you can’t find the form, hit “create account” at the bottom of the page.
- Fill the form that should be visible to you and click the “Sign up” button at the extreme bottom of the page.
- Verify your mobile number or email address on this page by following the instructions provided.
After confirmation, your account would be opened but you need to go through some of the Facebook steps to complete your account set up. Add some friends to set up your account and complete your profile. Like I said earlier before, this feature is only available to users in the United States as it is still under construction.
How to Send Money on Facebook Messenger Using PayPal
Sending funds on Facebook messenger is as simple as messaging someone on Facebook. first, you have to install facebook messenger from the official Google play store. After installation, open the app and log in.
- Now, open a conversation with the person you want to send funds to.
- Hit the “+” button on the conversation page.
- On the new menu, select “Payments” to either send or receive payments.
- Choose “PayPal” as a source when making payments to friends and connect your PayPal account.
After connecting, you can now use PayPal to send and receive your payments. You have to know that before this would work, you must be a US citizen. Apart from the fact that you can now make payments using PayPal on Facebook messenger, PayPal is also rolling out a bot that helps customers chat with a virtual assistant.